An obfuscated version of Android.BankBot.80.origin. This malware program can be installed on mobile devices as an application named “HACK”.
Once launched, Android.BankBot.104.origin tries to get administrator privileges and then removes its shortcut from the home screen.
The Trojan determines whether there is an online banking application and how much funds are available on the user’s bank accounts. To do that, Android.BankBot.104.origin sends special SMS commands to banking systems numbers. If successful, the Trojan attempts to covertly transfer money from the victim’s bank accounts to cybercriminals’.
It can also execute the following commands:
- call_number—enable forwarding to the number specified in the command;
- sms_grab—set a timer to hide incoming SMS messages. If a message is received within the specified time period, the Trojan removes it and hides all notifications on the incoming message.
- sms_send—send a text message;
- ussd—send a USSD query;
- delivery—send an SMS message with specific text to all numbers from the contact list;
- new_url—set a new command and control server address;
- install_true—save the inst flag changes to the configuration file (AppPrefs).