|Added to Dr.Web virus database:||2013-03-15|
|Virus description was added:||2015-07-13|
A Trojan for OS X that can download and install plug-ins for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. These extensions serve the purpose of displaying advertisements to users as they browse webpages.
The Trojan's binary file has the name Custom Installer. Once launched, it downloads another application called Yontoo Installer Silent that contains the following extensions:
Then script files from the following affiliate programs are downloaded:
For Microsoft Windows OS:
- If the operating system (OS) can be loaded (either normally or in safe mode), download the curing utility Dr.Web CureIt! and run a full scan of your computer and the removable media you use.
- If you can't load the OS, change the BIOS settings to load your system from a CD or USB drive. Download the image of the emergency system repair disk Dr.Web® LiveDisk or the Dr.Web® LiveDisk recording utility onto a USB drive and prepare the relevant media. After booting up with this media, run a full scan and cure whatever threats have been detected.
- If your OS has been locked by malware from the Trojan.Winlock family, use our unlocking service. If you failed to find the unlock code, follow the instructions provided in Section 2.
- On the loaded OS, run a full scan of all disk partitions using the Dr.Web Anti-virus for Linux.
For Mac OS X:
Run a full system scan using the free Dr.Web Light Scanner for Mac OS X. You can download it from the Apple App Store.
- If the mobile device is operating normally, download and install the free anti-virus Dr.Web for Android Light. Perform a full system scan and carry out the recommendations for removing any detected threats.
- If the mobile device has been locked by Android.Locker ransomware (the screen will be telling you that you have broken some law or demanding a set ransom amount; or you will see some other announcement that prevents you from using the handheld normally), do the following:
- Start your smart phone or tablet in the safe mode (depending on the operating system version and specifications of the particular mobile device involved, this procedure can be performed in various ways; seek clarification from the user guide that was shipped with the device or contact its manufacturer);
- Once you have activated safe mode, install the free anti-virus Dr.Web for Android Light onto the infected handheld and perform a full scan of the system; follow the steps recommended for neutralising the threats that have been detected;
- Switch off your device and turn it on as normal.